Thursday, November 2, 2017

Letter to my country leaders.

Dear country leaders,

I am writing this as a working mother of 3 angels. I was very proud of my country where government had given chances for women to work and be part of financial support for the family and the society. Various infrastructure improvement projects which are improving our quality of life and bringing us to brighter future and yearly budget plan which are covering women welfare, I was really proud of being one of the member in the country.

On top of all the good work, one of the bottom level process was being missed i.e. our education registration/enrollment process. I am very sad and disappointed with the existing process. How I wish I have a very strong financial status as what other parent which went through the same process but decided to dropped, so I can also send my angels to private/international schools.

My eldest angel is currently studying in Chinese primary schoolA, where I have provided all the supporting evidences to appeal for my second angel to be enrol into same schoolA in year 2018. Very unfortunate, the appeal letter came back with negative result. I went to local ministry of education office to appeal further but the officer was telling me there is nothing she can do. She was asking me to wait till school begin next year and try my luck again. As suggest by the office : "In year 2018 when I walk in with the appeal form, if there is opportunity at that moment then I will be getting it else just remain two siblings in two different schools." She also highlighted that a lot of parent sent their kids to private/international school as they did not managed to get through the appeal process.

I've asked the officer isn't kids with siblings should be having higher priority in allocating to the same school? She was saying she has no idea who did the allocation and how it was done. I've also asked, isn't appeal process handle by first come first serve basis? Her answer was really surprised me i.e. "there are so many appeal requests, officer will not bother to call. If you have time, come every day, then you will be able to catch the opportunity when other parent dropped their opportunity by sending their kids to private school or if there's other movement happen."

I know I am not the first one and will never be the last one in this kind of situation. Compare to others my case is just tip of iceberg but I am trying to shout as a working mother which is struggling for live but stuck in a education enrollment joke. As a normal office lady, taking leaves is not as easy as whenever I like. I need to make sure my work is being addressed and there is someone backing up me up during my absence. Frankly speaking, I do not have the luxury like stay at home mother which may be able to drop by to ministry of education office everyday to check out on opportunity. Maybe our country leaders will never need to go through the hassle of settling education matters for your kids but I am sincerely asking for your attention in resolving the issue to strengthen our education process and bring us to the world class education level(including enrolment process).

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment